Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Cards and a Sneak Peak

I wish I had time to post everything I make on this blog.  Usually when I don't post for awhile it's because I've been super busy with projects and life.  I have been spending a lot of my crafting time preparing for an upcoming baby shower.  I also had birthday, anniversary, and graduation cards to make, and 30 bridal shower invites, too!  It sounds like a lot, and I suppose it is, but I love crafting.  It makes me happy to create things and even happier to share them and use them to make other people smile.  Here's a look at some cards recently made.

The "You're a blast" rocket card (Just Because Cards) was made for my favorite 9 year old's birthday and the two silhouette girls (from Forever Young) were made for a couple of my favorite ladies.  For each of these cards I placed the image on an Action Wobble Spring - super fun little springs that allow the rocket, or girls, to "dance" and wobble on your card - such fun!  You can get your own wobbles on this website: AWi.  Beware - they are very addicting once you start to use them, you'll want to put them on everything! 

 My last card is also a new technique for me - a window card with a suspended heart.  Check out this site for a great video tutorial: Kimberly's Craft Spot.  This is another idea that can lead to many new ideas.  For my card, I decided to suspend a heart, cut from Gypsy Wanderings.  I made the card with "manly" black and white prints so I could give it to my hubby for our anniversary.  By the way, we celebrated our 16th anniversary and I dearly love this man ever so much more than I could every dream! 

The last creation to share with you today is a little sneak peak of just a few of the items I've been working on for the baby shower.  I have lots more, but haven't photographed everything yet.  I can't wait until I can show you everything AFTER the shower (don't want to ruin any surprises!).  So far I've made the invites, a set of thank you notes, a chipboard star banner, candy wrapper favors, water bottle wrappers, die cuts for on a diaper cake yet to be assembled, and my favorite: an 8x8 page template for shower guests to decorate (with coordinating papers and die cuts) and write a special message the baby and mom.  Each page also has a spot for their photo from the shower.  It's going to be so cute and such a special keepsake.  Oh - just today a sewed paper flags (triangles) and stars into an adorable set of cute banners to hang around the party room.  It was so easy. 

Until next time!  Keep creating and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment