Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Kids Placemat


I saw this cute placemat idea on the Official Cricut Blog and set out to make my own version for Little Miss H. at the Thanksgiving table.  For mine, I first taped (on the back) 2 sheets of DCWV fall paper to create a 12x24 mat base.  I cut a white 10 inch square and centered it on the mat, then adhered skinny strips of patterned paper to mark the squares.  I chose fall-themed cuts from the following Cricut cartridges: Create a Critter, Designer's Calendar, and B is for Boy.  There's a spot to put her drink and a spot to lay out her utensils and I created a pocket from a clear envelope to hold the game pieces.  I then laminated the entire placemat with clear contact paper.  I laminated the playing pieces, too.  I think she'll like it and it is a good way to keep her at the table longer.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment