Monday, July 9, 2012

New DCWV Stack and July Stack-a-Holic Challenge

Ahh, I do love me a good stack.  Stack o' paper, that is!  DCWV is always coming out with fun new stacks that I "have" to have.  I found this one on my last trip to JoAnn's - the "A Type of Art" stack.  Fun colors, glossy accents, and really awesome type art.

I needed to catch up a bit on our girl's scrapbook - it just won't do to be a year behind, so I had to finish up July of last year. :) I used the stack, along with the July Stack-a-Holic Challenge sketch on the DCWV blog to create a couple of awesome layouts.
Here's the sketch:
Here's my layout.  I needed two pages, so I just converted the sketch a bit by flipping the second page.  Everything is from the stack.  I cut out the title with my Cricut and decided to use the negative space when I pulled it off the mat.  "Summer" is hand cut from one of the pages and it conveniently sat above the word "fair" on the print below it, so I highlighted it with a simple paper outline, since the animals were at a summer fair.  How convenient! 


I completed a second layout, too.  Used my Cricut to cut out the heart and scalloped circle embellishment.  I like how the "I love you" from another sheet in this stack fit so perfectly in the heart cut-out.  Now that's love!
Now, go find yourself a stack and catch up a little on your scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment