Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lenten Photo a Day Challenge - Day 43: Solemn

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"
That's the phrase that first came to mind when I read today's photo challenge word, solemn.  When you make a "solemn" vow you make a serious promise.  When you are in a solemn mood, you are serious, contemplative, reflective.  As we approach this Holy Week, what mood are we in?  Do we solemnly consider what transpired this week in Jesus' life? In the book of Isaiah, we read, He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth, like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.  Our Savior, for us, willingly walked to his death, knowing fully the pain he would suffer physically and the anguish he would feel as he bore the sins of the world, my sins, your sins, because he and the Father loved us so.  It does put me in a solemn mood this week as I reflect on this.  But not for long.  I know the rest of the story.  I know that Sunday's coming.






No comments:

Post a Comment