Friday, April 18, 2014

Lenten Photo a Day Challenge - Day 45: Suffering


Fire can cause suffering, but it can bring great comfort as well. Today we remember Jesus' suffering, but all the while remembering the good that came about from his suffering as well.

TGIF!  Really. Thank God it's Friday! Good Friday. Thank you, God, for your forgiveness. Thank you, God, for your plan to redeem me and give me everlasting life.  Thank you, God, that this is a pure gift that I cannot earn.  Thank you, Jesus, for your suffering on my behalf.  Thank you, Jesus, for going to the cross for me, despite my unworthiness.  Thank you, Jesus, for dying for me and paying my debt.  May my life reflect my gratitude for your sacrifice.  May my life be pleasing to you, a living sacrifice in response to your love for me.  Thank God it's Friday - Good Friday, Holy Friday, Your Friday, My Friday.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment