Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Years and Valentine Layouts

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  I like to think about the year past and set some goals, so I guess I do make resolutions.  This year I decided to create a layout to reflect some of these goals of mine.  I picked up some fun American Crafts products for this layout.  I normally scrap very girly pages so it was a nice change of pace to pick up some selections from AC's CHAP line.  I came home with three sheets of double sided papers and a pack of chipboard shapes.  I used my Cricut (Jubilee font and Printing Press numbers) for this page and journaled the rest in pen.  The "2012" in the letter "O" is cut from a calendar.  I'm thinking I'm going to hang this layout so I can be reminded of my New Year's thoughts and goals.

While I was at my favorite scrapbook store - Scrapdoodles in Fredericksburg - I was "lovestruck" by the wonderfully sweet selection of Valentine's Day papers and embellishments.  The neat thing about a lot of these papers is that they can be used in all sorts of layouts.  I could see many of these sweet sentiments in baby layouts, anniversaries, wedding, and in my layout here - just a fun shot of my daughter on the eve of her 3rd birthday.  For this layout I used 2 patterned papers from We R Memory Keepers "Love Struck" collection.  Also from this collection you can see one of the super adorable bottlecap embellishments (I think I may have to make a hair bow for Hannah with one of these) and two of the tags or mini cards.  I am also using some cute ribbon from Pebbles.

Check out the sheet of tags - they are so cute!  
 I used two on my layout and then made two quick bookmarks.  I added a little ribbon and then adhered a triangle pocket on the back of the tag so it sits snuggly on the corner of my bookpage.  I'm thinking I will make a few quick and easy cards with the remaining tags on the sheet.  One of the tags says "Love at first sight" and I think it would be perfect on a baby layout or new baby/baby shower card.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment