Tuesday, March 6, 2012

K is for Kite Scrapbook Layout

We've been having some windy days in March (imagine that) and Hannah and I decided to attempt kite-flying in the backyard.  It took a few tries, but we got our Cinderella kite high up in the air.  Hannah was all excited about it until the wind started taking her for a ride and she began yelling, "I'm done! I'm done!"  Well this mama was having fun so I kept it going until, alas, the apple tree ate our kite.  Oh, bummer!  At least we can relive the memories in a scrapbook page.
Luckily, I spotted this super cute kite-flying paper from imaginisce (see the line, including the super-cute kite paper on their product page here) at Scrapdoodles last week.  I picked up the coordinating spring border sheet and a pack of stickers to work with.  I've seen a lot of fun strips of ribbons or papers as borders on layouts lately and these papers seemed to fit the bill for that kind of design.  I simply cut up my border sheet and arranged them in varying lengths down the left side of my page.  I was inspired by the kite strings to stitch on my page and haphazardly ran a few wavy lines to secure my strips.  My title cut is from Cricut's Nate's ABCs cartridge.  I created the feel of a windy day by extending the kite-tail down the page by cutting small "ribbons" from paper scraps and sewing them in place along the stitched tail.
Hope you get a little kite-flying in this March.  And watch out for the apple trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment