Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer and Echo Park Layouts

Love to go into Scrapdoodles and see what catches my eye.  I knew I had some summer layouts to do, and Echo Park "Happy Days" collection caught my eye.  I created these two layouts using papers and a few layered chipboard embellishments from this collection.  For my first layout, I started with plain white cardstock.  I cropped a four horizontal photos and backed them with black cardstock, then a strip of patterned paper.  I added the three strips on the right and a few embellishments.  I cut my title with my Cricut (cousins is from "Heritage" and friends is from "Create a Critter").  I thought it needed a little more so I punched out several circles and popped them up with a foam dot.  I love the white on white dimension paired with the bright colors.

I journaled on my computer and then printed it out on cardstock to add to the page.  I normally just write, but I wanted to keep the look relatively neat.

Last summer, H. really started choosing what to wear for herself and it was (and still is) an adventure in creativity.  Here she is with a tutu and camouflage cap that says "lil' Hunter".  Definitely one of a kind!  Again, all the papers are embellishments are from Echo Park.  The title is a cut from "Once Upon a Princess".  I just love how she mixes styles.  Something to learn there.

No comments:

Post a Comment