Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's Hump Day! DCWV Stackaholic Challenge

I created this layout with DCWV's September Stackaholic sketch.
I love how it turned out!  These photos are from a fun day at the zoo in WI last summer.  Hannah's Auntie Dee treated her to a ride on a camel and I couldn't resist the title "hump day" especially with the crazy "Guess what day it is?" commercials these days.  I used the Modern Meadow stack - such pretty yellows and rusts paired with that greyish blue in this stack.  And the glossy background paper - so pretty!  All of the papers are from this stack (except for a bit of brown cardstock).  I cut most of the die cut elements and title from my new Cricut Artbooking cartridge (quickly becoming a favorite cartridge, by the way!).  I added a bit of inking to separate the patterns a bit more and also threw on a few sequins and confetti dots.  As you can see I changed a few things about the sketch, but kept the overall design of two columns in tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment