Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Autumn Layouts with We R's Harvest Collection

Oh, how I love the fall!  I love the tastes, the smells, the cooler temperatures, the beautiful colors!  It's my favorite season by far.  We R Memory Keeper's new "Harvest" collection is perfect for highlighting your fall photos and projects.  I love the warm yellow mixed with steely blue and orange and black.  This collection also has some great patterns - weathered wood, chevrons, and more - a little bit "old" and a little bit "modern."  I've created two layouts to share with some Harvest papers and embellishments picked up at Scrapdoodles.  Come back on Friday for a third layout and a challenge for you!

For my first layout, I began with the awesome orange chevron paper. I love how this paper is lighter at the top and gradually gets to a darker orange/brown at the bottom - a great ombre effect that really adds interest to the layout.  The large 4x6 card is from the Harvest Albums Made Easy collection (must get this!!!).  I embellished the bottom title strip (cut from one of the 12x12 sheets) with a border and simple twine threaded through.  Notice how I notched the ends?  This adds interest and keeps my twine exactly where I want it.  The "who, when, where" journaling bits are from another strip from that same 12x12 sheet.  I added a few embossed stickers to complete this layout.
For my second layout I chose the weathered wood sheet for my background and was inspired by the circle die cut card (the weathered blue towards the lower left) to cut a similar circle pattern out of the coordinating golden yellow cardstock.  I used my Cricut for this, but I know the Silhouette also has a similar pattern.  I ended up sewing some zigzag stitches with my sewing machine down the right of the page.  In total, I used 4 cards from the Albums Made Easy Harvest set.  Even if you are not a Project Life-r, these cards look great on regular 12x12 layouts - perfect for layering and using as journaling boxes.  Add a few of those awesome embossed stickers and this layout is "pure bliss."  If you like fall colors as much as I do, you'll want to grab some of this awesome Harvest collection by We R Memory Keepers soon.

As I mentioned, I did create a 3rd layout, but I'm saving it for Friday.  Do you like layout sketches?  Come back on Friday for a Scrapdoodles Layout Sketch Challenge!  You'll have about 2 weeks to play along and there will be a prize (randomly selected from all participants).  I hope you'll join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment