Monday, January 27, 2014

Snow Day Thank You!

We got a few inches of snow last week, and here in Virginia that means school closings...for a week.  Having grown up in Wisconsin, it's a little laughable, but I shouldn't complain.  In fact, I have much to be thankful for.  One thing I was especially thankful for this week was my neighbors! As I was shoveling my driveway, I looked up and saw 5 bundled up figures, all with snow shovels, approaching our driveway.  The mom commented that they have no school and the kids did not need to sit around watching or playing video games all day.  They could help shovel a driveway!  The kids were great about it and within minutes the rest of my driveway was shoveled clear.  I know they did it without expecting anything in return, but I put together a gift bag with some hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows as a small thank you.
I used a medium-sized plain kraft gift bag and dressed it up with a fun "Snow Day" phrase from my Cricut (Winter Woodland ), a few of my daughter's foam snowflake stickers, and a simple tag (also from Winter Woodland).  We walked over yesterday after church to deliver the thank you and spent a little time chatting and getting to know our neighbors better.  Yes, we have much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment