Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Two Page Sketch Challenge


September's Sketch Challenge from DCWV is a two-pager.  Yay!  I love two page spreads and including lots of photos.  Lots of photos on a layout means more story told.  There's still time to play along if you like 2-pagers and are inspired by this fun sketch. Just grab your photos and a stack :) - any stack!

The sketch:

My layout:

For my layout I grabbed The Snapshot Stack.  I snagged this stack on clearance for just $6 a few months ago and hadn't really broke into it, so I decided it was time.  This stack includes lots of little pieces and icons that you can fussy cut and add to your page, like I did.  Our daughter was 4 years old when these photos of her riding her bike were taken, so I was delighted to find a 4 of diamonds card in the stack to incorporate into my page.  For the title, I used a die cut from the Cricut cartridge When I Was a Kid.  I didn't have a 5x7 photo printed, but double matted the focus photo to more closely follow the sketch.  I added a bit of washi tape and used a pen for the border dots.
After taking the photos, I realized I had not yet journaled (gasp)!  Rest assured, I grabbed my black pen and wrote a few lines to tell the story of Hannah's first real bicycle.  I promise ;)


Thanks for checking in - happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment