Monday, March 9, 2015

Lenten Art Journal - 3 Days, 3 Techniques

Today I'm sharing my most recent Lenten art journal pages.  They each began with a word prompt, which led to a scripture verse and then 3 different techniques for the page.




Day 18: Martyr

Hebrews 13:3 Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.

For this page, I began by applying acrylic paint (a grey-blue) all over the page, spreading it with a plastic card.  I freehanded with a sharpie marker the barbed wire lines at the top and bottom and then added black paint and some black ink around the edges of the page.  For my lettering, I used letter stickers and a sharpie pen.







Day 19: Sacrifice

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

This page began with an image of incense burning from a bowl - the "fragrant offering."  If you aren't much of a sketch artist, one good technique is to look up images on google or pinterest to get an idea of what you want to do.  I mainly do this as inspiration, but some journalers print out and trace images to jumpstart their own pages.
I used mainly watercolor pencils on this page.  The verse is written in my hand with a fine tipped Sharpie pen.










Day 20: Solitude

Matthew 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret.  And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

For this page, I used one of my most favorite techniques - I turned to my scrapbooking supplies and my Cricut machine.  In Cricut Design Space, I looked for some "door" images and came across this door knob (found on the Sentimentals cartridge).  I cut it out in metallic paper.  The background paper is from Teresa Collins (Life Emporium collection).  I also typed up the verse and then printed it directly onto some of this paper.  I cut the verse into strips, added some ink to the edges and adhered it to the page.  I used some additional paper and rub-ons that coordinated with the paper to add a few extra details.

Be blessed!



1 comment: