Monday, February 27, 2017

Lenten Journal

Lent begins this week with Ash Wednesday on March 1st. Many Christians use the 40 days leading up to Easter as a time of special reflection, repentance, and drawing closer to Jesus. Some commit to "giving something up" in order to better focus on Jesus' suffering and death. Some add special devotions or attendance at mid-week services in their churches.

Lutheran Hour Ministries offers a free daily devotional on their website HERE. You can download to your e-reader, print, or subscribe to daily e-mails or podcasts to stay in the Word throughout the 40 days of Lent. I'll be using this devotional and journaling every day. To prepare, I've put together a separate notebook to record my reflections and creative journaling. I'll be posting daily on Instagram and my Facebook page and then doing a weekly round-up here on my blog.


Check out this video to see what I've done in the past and my Lenten journal for this year.




What are your plans for Lent? 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that with us, Karen! Great video with peeks at your process and finished journals from the past. Blessings on your lenten journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! May this Lenten season also be a blessing and a drawing closer to Jesus!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful inspiration Karen. Thank you for your wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete