Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Bible Journaling the Lord's Prayer

It's often difficult to know the exact words to pray. In Matthew 6, Jesus gives us some advice.

"And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. Pray then like this..." Here then Jesus introduces the Lord's Prayer. (Matthew 6:7-15) 

This summer, my daughter and I will be spending some time learning more about the Lord's Prayer and the meanings of the words. The Big Trinity stamp set from SRM is perfect for our summer devotions. We've started with the introduction. "Our Father in Heaven..." With these words God tenderly invites us to believe that He is our true Father and that we are His true children, so that will all boldness and confidence we may ask Him as dear children ask their dear father. (explanation from Luther's Small Catechism)

For the background of this page, I used acylic paints and applied them lightly with a sponge. After drying I stamped the words, crosses, border dots, and heart. I used a white pen to highlight the stamps and help them stand out more on my page. 


For this page I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment