Friday, September 8, 2017

Simple Birthday Cards Set

Do you still send out birthday cards to friends and family? I'm not always perfect at it, but I do enjoy sending out handmade birthday greetings. Last week I dug into my stash to look for a birthday card and discovered I was out (sorry to all those early August b-days).

When I need to make a lot of cards, I settle on one design that I can duplicate easily. For this set of birthday cards, I used my die-cut machine to cut and assemble several cupcakes. I find it easier to do several images at the same time and make a sort of assembly line process. To fancy up these cupcakes, I even added some glitter at their final stage.

Once all the cupcakes were assembled and dry, the cards were super easy and quick to put together. I used plain white cardstock for the base and two layers of patterned cardstock on the front. Then I added one or more cupcakes and a clear sentiment sticker or two. There are so many to choose from in SRM's collections.


As seen in the first photo, I packaged up a few to share. Five cards plus envelopes easily fit into a flat glassine bag touched simply with a ribbon, "just for you" sentiment, and a green stripe at the bottom.
Better go get some more stamps!

For this project, I used:

1 comment: