Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Using A Bible Journaling Page as a Card

Part of the process for me as I Bible journal is prayer. Oftentimes I have specific people in mind as I reflect on scripture and use the Word I am reflecting on as part of my prayers. That was true as I reflected on Psalm 18 and prayed for a friend who was battling cancer. After my prayer and Bible journaling time, I wanted to send a note to my friend to encourage her and let her know I was praying for her. I decided to use my Bible journaling page to create a card.

For my page, I used the spear-like arrow stamp on the Walk By Faith stamp set. I think it's the perfect visual for verse 39 "For you equipped me with strength for the battle." I colored in my sketch with ColorIn Watercolor Twists.
The process is very simple. I scanned my page (you could also take a photo) and imported the file into a word processing document so that I could resize it and print it on my color printer. After that, it was simply layering cardstock on top of a 5x7 card base.

Watch this quick video to see it all come together.

2 comments:

  1. YOUR PAGE IS BEAUTIFUL! WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR A CARD! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete