Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Old Hunters, Sleeping Babies, and a Bit of Baby Love

I've got 3 very different projects to share with you today - 2 layouts and a quick door hanger.  The first layout is made with American Crafts new "Campy Trails" line.  These papers are CUTE!  The colors are wonderful and the patterns are so much fun.  I really like the wood grain and the cute critters.  We do not camp often, but these papers are great for all kinds of activities.  My family has a long tradition of hunting.  I came across this old photo of my husband's grandfather with a really nice buck.  The "Campy Trails" papers really played on the outdoors theme.  For this layout, I actually cut one 12x12 sheet, flipped it, and sewed it back together.  I love double sided papers!  The circle pattern and dark brown is from another single sheet.  I cut the title with my Cricut (Designer's Calendar Font).  The photo "frame"  was made with a Stampin' Up corner punch.  I didn't have a round journaling block stamp, but wanted to repeat the circle shape, so I made my own using a masking technique.  First I cut a circle from a scrap of paper.  I positioned the cut-out sheet where I wanted my journaling block to go and used a rectangle stamp (SU) to stamp my journaling lines.  With this technique, it's easy to get the lines perfectly in a circle (or whatever shape you'd like).    Super easy!  I added a few of the coordinating fabric brads from AC to complete the layout.
I had one more sheet of Campy Trails double sided paper and decided to go in a completely different direction just to show you that these papers aren't just for camping and outdoors photos.  I really liked the green and blue shades and the star pattern on the blue side gave me an idea.  I had a few chipboard stars lying in my stash, so I covered two with the green and blue patterns.  I adhered them together with glue dots, punches a hole in each star tip, and inserted a wire hanger.  I covered the wire with little bits of ribbon and also used more of the fabric brads.  I cut the "Nap Time" sentiment with the Baby Steps Cricut cartridge.  It turned out pretty cute - a nice little something to hang on the door of baby's room so everyone knows when the baby is sleeping.   
The last layout I'm sharing with you was made with papers from Cosmo Cricket.  I actually cut apart the colored circles from one sheet of patterned paper to create a grid on the base layer.  Before adhering all my pieces, I used distressing ink and a make-up sponge, as well as a grid-type rolly stamp for more distressing.  Some of the pieces are from a bunch of older CC pieces I had in a box and some are from the newer "Odds and Ends" line.  I love these sweet pics of my daughter and her baby dolls.  If you want to see these layouts and project in person, stop by the store where I got my papers: Scrapdoodles.  While you're there, check out the American Crafts and Cosmo Cricket lines - they will make you say, "Yummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment