Friday, July 22, 2011

Christmas in July

I am enjoying a class right now through My Creative Classroom.  It's called "Nifty Gifty" and is hosted by the talented Jennifer Priest.  She is sharing several great ideas with us for holiday gift-giving.  So far, I've made a body scrub in a jar gift and a cute recipe mini album.  I love that the album is shaped like an apron and the front flips over to act as a base so it will stand upright while reading the recipes tucked inside while baking. 

Jennifer had lots of ideas for cookie and baking mixes in canning jars, but I wanted to find something non-food related.  After researching some ideas, I settled on this awesome sugar body scrub.  I found the recipe on the C&H sugar company's website HERE.  They have a few variations and even provide printable downloads for tags that you can use.  I used small jars, made simple tags, and tied a ribbon around the rim.  I will package them with a cute little teaspoon, since you have to stir the scrub before each use.


I think a cool thing about taking a class is how one idea can lead to so many more, and you're able to put your own spin on your project to make it yours.  This week, with Jennifer's inspiring ideas, I'm working on a hanging chipboard banner and a cute little note pad holder.  I'll post those as soon as I complete them, too.

I really love working on Christmas ideas in the summer!  I'm excited that I won't have to be scrambling around as much for gift ideas amidst all the hussle and bussle of the holiday.  I'll be able to focus more on celebrating Christmas and really enjoy the preparations leading up to Christ's coming.  Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. So cute, and I love working on Christmas in July too! I'm a new follower, and I would love for you to check out my blog also! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete