Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cute Turkeys to Pin or Clip

 Pinterest is so much fun!  I love to browse and get ideas for new projects, don't you?  I saw several versions of these ribbon turkeys.  I saw them as hair bows, pins to wear, and even on onesies and t-shirts.  I decided to dig into my felt and ribbon stash and create my own version.  I made one for my daughter's hair and two for her preschool teachers to wear on their aprons.  They turned out so cute!  I hand cut each body from felt - 2 per turkey.  The ribbons are cut to about 2.5 inches.  I laid the folded ribbons and lightly tacked them with glue to one body and covered up all the ends with the second (front) body.  I stitched all around the felt body to secure everything in place.  My turkeys have a felt nose and googly eyes.  Then I added either a clip or a pin to the back.  For the teachers, I pinned the turkey onto a thank you notecard made with scrapbook papers (love these papers from Authentique!).  Cute, quick, and easy! 
Happy Turkey Day, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment