Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Merry Christmas Banner

New this week at Scrapdoodles is the new Christmas line from October Afternoon, "Make It Merry."  Oh My Goodness, go check it out!  This line is so fun and adorable.  It's full of vintage card images and patterns.  I love the music sheet and was inspired to make this simple and sweet banner with the song sheet as the base. 

I added die cut letters from more of the patterned papers and layered on the coordinating elements like the ticket stubs and sweet vintage images.  The "Miscellany" pack also includes buttons and ribbon.  I added some old red doilies to the top, some red and white twine, fringe, and glitter from my own stash.  The elements are easy and fun to mix and match and layer.  Here's a few close-ups.



Some of the elements will be perfect to include as journaling spots or extra pages in my December Daily.  I prepped a few to see how they would work out (and they are just too fun to play with I didn't want to put them away yet :))  I'm sure I'll be pulling from these pieces throughout the month.
Lastly, I pulled several elements together to make this super sweet layout of a photo of my younger sister and me in 1978.  I would hardly call us vintage, but these fun papers really compliment the black and white (okay a teeny bit old) photo.  I love it! 
Hope you've been inspired!  Happy Crafting - Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment