Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Stashing Through the Snow...Ornament and Card

 
My niece loves mustaches and I had the joy of drawing her name for our family Christmas gift exchange.  I've been seeing these fun ornament ideas on Pinterest, so I knew I wanted to make her a cute mustache one.  It was super easy!  I started with a plain white porcelain ball (on sale, no less!).  I penciled out my mustache and then went over it with a black sharpie.  I added the phrase "stashing through the snow".  I messed up the first time and used a q-tip dipped in alcohol to wipe it off and start over again.  I also stuck it in my oven for about 20 minutes or so at 350 to make it more permanent.  As an afterthought (and after it was out of the oven and cooled), I added some fine glitter to the bottom of the mustache. 
I made a quick card with the same theme.  I cut the mustache (Cricut - Billionaire) and added a few sticker embellishments from Echo Park, a brad from Teresa Collins, and a twine ribbon.  And that
was it.  I hope your Christmas is merry and lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment