Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Neighbor Gift Ideas and We R Memory Keepers


What a super exciting day when a box of goodies arrived on my doorstep from We R Memory Keepers!  They sent me a generous assortment of papers, chipboard, die cuts and even stamps from their lovely Christmas collection, "Yuletide."  I put together 3 different neighbor gift ideas to share - a recovered cd case (to gift favorite Christmas tunes), a simple tea or hot chocolate holder, and a sweet paper stocking for a few little goodies.
Clear CD cases are easy to find.  You can create a fun mix of holiday tunes (follow all copyright laws, please!) or share photos on a cd as your gift.  To decorate my cd case, I used a variety of papers from the 6x6 paper pad and a layered on a few of the coordinating die cut elements.  My deer is cut with my Cricut (Theresa Collins Demcember 25th cartridge).  I also added one of the chipboard sentiments to the outside of each case.


For my second gift idea, I filled small 3x5 baggies with loose tea and cut a strip of We R paper to 3 1/4 x12 inches and folded it over/around the bag.  I secured it all together using one of the fabric covered coordinating brads (these are really lovely!) and some decorative red/white twine.  I also hung a die cut that could double as a gift tag.  These would be easy to make several of and have on hand for "unexpected" guests and friends, or to give as favors at your holiday party.

For my final project, I cut a stocking pattern with my Cricut (Teresa Collins December 25th cartridge) and coordinating patterns from the Yuletide collection.  I cut two stockings, flipping one image, and then sewed up the sides using my sewing machine.  I added some trims and a stamp or two (CUTE gingerbread stamp from We R!) before filling it with a few sweet treats.  These could be made any size (mine are only about 6-7 inches long) depending on what kinds of treats you want to fill them with.  I think they would also be cute at any holiday table setting - maybe an adorable utensil holder for each place.

Thanks again to We R Memory Keepers for inviting me to be a guest designer and sending me such a generous assortment of products from your Yuletide collection!  And thanks to all of you for visiting me here on my humble little blog.  I hope you've been inspired.

Blessings,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I am a new follower, and I love your great gift ideas!! I would love to get a package full of goodies, you are so lucky!!! Oh well I am still holding out for Santa!!lol Thanks for sharing!! karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Thanks for your kind comments and I hope that Santa is VERY VERY good to you this year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete