Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Invites with SRM Stickers and Echo Park

Need some cute and quick invitation ideas?  SRM Stickers has lots of fun solutions.  I picked up two sets of "We've Got Your Invite" and "We've Got Your Border" stickers from Scrapdoodles to play with and show you how easy it is to put together invitations.  Handmade invites are awesome, but making 30 or 50 or 100 is a lot of work, so it's best to keep your overall design simple.  For these baby shower invites I used the girl invite and border stickers from SRM. Begin with a couple of layers for your card base - this dresses up your invite, but it's easy to cut and layer.  (My formula = A2 base + grey/brown/black + color + white.)
For each card, I used a circle punch and a circle SRM sticker (use a pop dot to add dimension) and then added a cluster of SRM border strip pieces and a cute twine (the Twinery) bow and baby pin (from my stash).  SRM sticker sheets also include a block for filling in all your invitation information, so even the insides get handmade goodness.  I like that I can vary the main accent color (pink, yellow, green), so even though all my invites are not exactly the same, the overall design is, so it makes it easy to pull coordinating cardstock and use my supplies wisely.  For party favors, consider using a clear tube (several sizes to choose from) and applying a few cute coordinating stickers before filling it with candies.  For my tube, I also added a mini twine pom pom and a twine string with thank you banner on the lid.  I think it's super cute! And it was super easy!

The invitation stickers can also be used on a coordinating layout to commemorate the shower once it's over. If you're making the invites, you could complete the layout ahead of time and give it to the guest of honor to add photos to.  This layout uses some of the cute new paper from Echo Park's "Bundle of Joy" line.  That's also at Scrapdoodles and both the boy and girl lines are super-adorable!  I love the journaling cards that coordinate.  In this layout, I used one of the cards as the title block and the other I slipped into a glassine bag (these are so fun!), tied with more Twinery twine.

Don't have a baby shower coming up?  Here's the same idea, but with a Birthday theme!  I began with the SRM Invite and Border stickers.  This first card uses the same basic formula as the baby shower invites.  I also added a couple of pennants (the sticks are toothpicks wrapped in Washi tape!).  The large tube is topped with a big pom pom and I've added some SRM stickers and twine to it, too.
This last invite uses the glassine bag as an envelope and the SRM stickers.  Again, I love how these invite and border stickers can be used to create different looks that make invites quick and easy!  Just find some coordinating papers (mine are from Echo Park's "Happy Days" line) and you are set for an awesome, handmade party.

No comments:

Post a Comment