Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DCWV Stack-a-Holic Sketch Challenge for August

I just finished a cute layout based on DCWV's August Stack-a-holic Sketch challenge.  You can see the sketch HERE on their blog.  I love their stacks and just found a couple new ones on sale.  This layout is created with the new Green Stack.  The texture of the paper in this stack is so unique.  It has woven fibers, but is still easy to cut with regular scissors and trimmer.  These two photos of my daughter and her little turtle friend (poor thing was tucked deeply into his shell) are complemented perfectly with the fresh green patterns and nature motifs.
I sewed the green ribbon directly onto the paper with my sewing machine.  I haphazardly scrunched it under the needle as I went.  I really love the fun and frilly look.
 You can really see the woven fibers of the papers in these two closeups.  The blue paper with the arrow patterns is really fun, too.  I can't wait to use more of this stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment