Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We R Memory Keepers Guest Post ~ Fun with Storytime Collection

It's such a thrill for me to be a guest designer over at the We R Memory Keepers blog.  If you are visiting me from over there - Thank You and Welcome! This trio of cards is featured on the blog today and you can find my instructions there as well to recreate your very own set with this adorable collection of papers and embellishments.
I also created a layout and door hanger with the goodies that We R so generously sent me.  You can see the whole collection here.  If you're local, be sure to stop in at Scrapdoodles in Fredericksburg, because I know they have this collection in stock.

When I first saw the collection, I immediately thought of library trips and reading stories with my young daughter.  We love to read together and while not everything we read is a "fairytale", this paper just speaks to the special kind of imagination that is discovered only through reading books.  When I started going through my photos I found these two sweet pics of our girl "reading" (she's 3 here and not yet reading on her own) Peter Rabbit to her stuffed Peter Rabbit toy.  I just love the little story characters featured on the paper, and couldn't help fussy cutting around the wolf so that he could hang a paw over the storytime die cut title.

Lastly, I created a cute wall or door hanger.  I started with a chipboard star covered in the orange patterned paper from the collection and one of the large die cuts attached to the back.  A ribbon hanging down features some of the little storybooks cut from the paper and another die cut at the bottom.  On the star I folded a strip of paper to mimic a ribbon and adhered the die cut letters.  Now it's all ready to hang up whenever we need a little storytime break!







No comments:

Post a Comment