Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bible Journaling to Remind Me of God's Invitation to Come

This morning God took me straight away to Matthew 11:28-30.  I get so used to doing things on my own, sometimes I don't realize the heavy burdens I'm struggling to carry.  I have a history of having to (or choosing to) do things myself. This tendency has become even more ingrained in me as I've lost, through death, so many important people that I trusted and relied on, particularly my parents. In the last year or so, I've also lost two important women that I trusted and relied on, but these losses are perhaps more difficult because they are not losses through death, but misunderstandings resulting in broken relationships. This week has been an especially difficult one with our 6 year old daughter who is in full-blown challenge parental authority mode. Good grief, my soul needs rest. Contemplating and creating around this verse has given me some rest this morning...and much to think about.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1 Peter 2:23-25 Water color pencils, Micron Pen


Come.
Find rest.
I want to. I try. I lay my burden and heartache down only to take it up again. I know God's working on me to rely more on Him, but man, I'm struggling.
But I'm going to keep trying.
Trying to trust Him with my grief.
Trust Him with my broken relationships.
Trust Him with my daughter.
I will continue to respond to His invitation to come and to simply TRUST HIM. 

I used some of my scrapbooking supplies, specifically some stickers and paper from the
Vintage Bliss collection from Simple Stories. I used washi tape to secure a tip in -
the chevron print is on a piece of vellum, so I can flip it open to read the scripture underneath.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Bible art journaling! Beautiful pages and perfect verse for me, too! Why do we always seem to try to do things on our own?? UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one who struggles with this :)

      Delete