Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bible Journaling...Turn on the Light!

Inspired by my Portals of Prayer devotion this morning, my Bible Journaling entry focuses on John 8:12

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." 

It's so simple, yet so easy to forget. Jesus is the light. Why do we continue to fumble around in darkness when we just need to turn to Him? He is no ordinary light. He is the light of the world, the light of life, in Him there is no darkness.

Feeling lost today?

Just turn on the light.

Turn to Jesus.
Today I drew a lightbulb and colored it with watercolor pencils.
I added the yellow with my waterbrush and a little ink from my Tim Holtz
Mustard Seed mini ink pad.  I used my 08 Micron for the lettering
and then my super fine 005 Micron for additional outlining and the words in script. 


No comments:

Post a Comment