Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Back to School


It's back to school around here. I love the yearly supply shopping and getting back to a routine. I'm glad my daughter loves school and shares some of my enthusiasm for this time of year.


It's also a great time for crafting up some back to school goodies. This year I created an adorable banner that I used for our annual back to school photo shoot and now have it hanging in our dining room. Most of the die cuts are Cricut cuts that I just selected randomly from various cartridges. I used school themed paper to coordinate the different elements. To add a little interest at the top of each pennant I added a small doilie (from SRM).  I also grabbed a few clear sentiment stickers from my SRM stash to add to some of the banners.


Of course we needed a sign for my 2nd grader to hold during the photo shoot and on the first day of school. I used an piece of wood (found a great size in my garage) and added some SRM stickers and a die cut title. Simple and much faster than the banner! 2nd Grade here she comes!!!

I also like to give a small gift to our new teacher. This small red wire basket was in the dollar bin at Target as were some of the included goodies. I used some more SRM stickers and put them on cardstock and attached a magnet to the back so they would stick to the basket. A little twine wrapped around it and the gift was done. Teaching is a hard job (I taught middle schoolers for 13 years). We like to look for anything we can do to make their day a little more fun and a little easier.

You can find the SRM sticker products I used HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment