Friday, September 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Banner for a Birdhouse Birthday


We recently were able to celebrate the 70th Birthday of a wonderful and sweet woman - my husband's mom. To add to the day's celebration I created this fun birdhouse themed banner to hang at her party. I really like how the natural look and feel of the burlap ribbon and twine plays with the soft colors and elegant touches of lace ribbon and doilies.

I used my Cricut to cut the basic banner shapes (3 layers). I cut 4 inch doilies in half and adhered a half on the bottom portion of each base piece and added a row of black stitching sticker at the midpoint. Each two layered letter is adhered with pop dots for added dimension.


I love to add words and phrases to my projects and SRM clear stickers are perfect for doing just that. I used a variety of sticker sheets to find just the right words in just the right sizes to add fun details.

I wanted to add a little bit more to my banner and a strip of the new raw-edged burlap ribbon behind each banner shape added another great layer and natural element. I used mini clothespins to hang the pieces from the new jute twine.


To dress up my banner I also added several lengths of ribbon to each end, including the wired burlap (curled so cute!), white lace, and bit of the blue in a blue striped ribbon from my stash.


For this project I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment