Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Trick or Treat Layout

We aren't big into the scary parts of Halloween at our house, but we are all about the candy! SRM's clear stickers are perfect for us and it was fun to mix and match the iconic jack-o-lanterns, spiders, and candy corn, as well as lots of phrases and border stitches in this fun layout.
My daughter wanted to apply her own make-up when it was time to get ready to trick or treat, so I just watched and took some adorable photos. Behind my 5x7 photo are plenty of borders from various SRM sticker sheets. I also added a little bit of black acrylic paint for a bit of boldness and to tie in with the scalloped borders.
Titling my layout was easy with another phrase from the clear stickers on a cardstock flag above the photo. I just trimmed it out with a few more sticker stitches.
I cut out a few different sized white cardstock circles for the round stickers and popped them off my page with foam dots. To add more dimenstion and interest, I added the small candy corn stickers and then drew in black dots with a sharpie pen to round off the "confetti" look to my layout.
I had one lone spider that I hadn't used on my layout, so I grabbed a small kraft pillow box, more sticker stitches, and a bit of twine to make a quick treat holder - perfect for a couple of chocolates or a handful of yummy candy corn.

For this layout I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment