Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Bible Journaling With Karen

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a recent Bible journaling entry I created using some of the new Faith stamps. I'm finding lots of inspiration in these new sets and enjoying fitting them together to emphasize scripture verses and tell a story or lesson learned. 
Today my entry is in Genesis 50. Many of you may know the story of Joseph, whose brothers sold him into slavery because they were jealous of the attention and gifts he received. Joseph's life was turned upside down and he didn't understand why all this was happening to him. But God knew how to take this bad and use it for good. After many years, Joseph was able to fully forgive his brothers and said to them in verse 20, "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good...."
I created a dusty background with acrylic paints, symbolizing that we do not always see clearly. I started with the Walk by Faith set and added a few words from other sets to complete my entry. I really like the "spear-like" quality of this large arrow and the mini arrow cross found on the In Jesus' Name set. To finish off the page, I used a black pen to box in the main sentiments and added dots and highlighting with gold and white gel pens. Then I added my own prayer.
We don't always understand why bad things happen, but we can continue to step out in faith, trusting in the Lord who sees all, knows all, and will do what is good and right for us. 

For this project I used:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your encouraging & uplifting words from His Word

    ReplyDelete