Saturday, August 7, 2010

Basic Grey "Oliver" Papers and Tips

I was able to pick up a few papers from Basic Grey’s “Oliver” line. I also chose a pack of coordinating die cuts. I don’t know about you, but my crafting budget is often limited, so I like to get the most out of my supplies. With my 3 sheets of beautiful paper and 1 pack of embellishments, I created an awesome layout and 6 cards. The “Oliver” line is a bit boyish, but I thought they went very well with this photo of my daughter.
I used several of the coordinating die cuts on this layout. Some of the die cuts featured pictures of trains and I didn’t think I would ever use them, so I decided to alter them. This is how you get more out of your supplies! I used a heart punch and punched hearts from the die cuts I didn’t think I would use, then inked the edges a bit and created a border around my photo. The result is a unique element and now I don’t have a bunch of unused die cuts sitting in a box. I like layering the embellishments, too. On this layout I tied 3 of the tags together and wrote some journaling on 2 of them. The dandelion cut is from my "Lyrical Letters" Cricut cartridge. You can't tell by looking on the layout, but I cut a large square in the blue background paper so I could use it on a couple of other projects. I knew the red would cover it up and it's a great way to save a little paper. Here are the 6 cards I made using the paper scraps and tags left after I completed the layout. The only other supplies I used were white cardstock for the card base, and a few rub-ons and brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment