Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Design Team - 3 Layouts, 2 Collections, 1 Fun Rainy Day

While we are all eagerly awaiting the newly released lines after this last weekend's CHA Winter Show, I wanted to highlight two lines that you may have missed (and you don't want to miss these).  First up is a beautiful collection from Teresa Collins called "Now & Then" that came out last fall.  It's a fun mix of blues and pinks alongside wood veneer backgrounds and other classic Teresa Collins patterns. For my first layout I chose this floral design but wanted to tone it down a bit for my layout.  I created a heart mask first and then applied a layer of gesso which I spread directly onto the paper with a spatula (okay a credit card).  I love the texture that came out and the way the patterned paper comes through.  I used a pen to create stitching around the heart and page border.  The title was cut with my Cricut using Teresa Collins "Sophisticated" cartridge.  I layered a few more elements from the paper collection and a strip of brown polka dot Washi tape to bring it all together.  You'll want to try this masking technique yourself!  It's a great way to change the look of any patterned paper or tone one down and still keep the awesome design work.
This second layout uses a few more selections from the Now & Then collection.  I thought the blues went well with these snowy outdoor photos from last year and emphasized the snow by cutting snowflakes into the main sheet with my die cut machine.  Layering the darker patterned paper behind the white ledger paper  as well as using the die cut snowflakes on top creates lots of interest and dimension to this page. The title was again cut from Teresa Collins Sophisticated Cartridge.
Right now, Scrapdoodles has most of this collection in stock, including a beautiful coordinating button/brad collection and border strips.  Go check it out!

I have one more layout to share this week and it uses this beautiful sunny paper from Authentique.  This collection is relatively new and it's perfectly named "Renew" as there are many spring elements to this line.  You can check out the whole collection online here, or go see it in person at Scrapdoodles ;).  I've been meaning to scrap a page about Hannah with "sunshine" in the title (we sing "You Are My Sunshine" every night) and knew these papers would be perfect as soon as I saw them.  On this page I used some of the fun new "Puzzle Pieces" elements that coordinate with this line and I fussy-cut the swirls and flowers one of the sheets of patterned paper.  Scrapdoodles also has the 8x8 and 6x6 paper pads in which are perfect for all kinds of projects.  You'll love the colors in this versatile collection - the blues and yellows with the black highlights are really awesome and need to be seen in person.  It's become one of my favorites so I may have to stop by and pick up that 8x8 pack soon!  Happy Scrappin' everyone! ~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment