Monday, May 5, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

Having been a classroom teacher myself, I know how much teachers appreciate Teacher Appreciation Week.  It's just nice to be noticed for the hard work you've put in all year long.  Whether the recognition is from the administrative staff, the parents, or the kids you teach, any little something - even just a simple card - brings a smile to a teacher's face and warms the heart enough to get through the last long stretch of the school year.  I helped make these cute signs for my daughter's preschool teachers' doors.  What can I say?  I love owls!  I designed and printed off the background from my computer and added a cute and colorful owl cut with my Cricut (Hoot n' Holler cartridge) on an Action Wobble, so it moves.  It made me smile just to make them wiggle with their cute googly eyes - I hope the teachers get a warm-fuzzy, too!

I had picked up a few of these mini owl notebooks quite a while ago in a clearance bin and thought I'd just put a little tag on them for a quick gift and thank-you.  The stamps are from Technique Tuesday and Lillian Vance.  I cut the circle and scallop with my Cricut and tied it up with some twine.  Every teacher needs a notebook, right? A quick and inexpensive gift.  Hannah wrote a thank you on the first page.
I might get a few other things together this week.  What are you doing this week to thank a teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment