Friday, July 25, 2014

Pinterest Pick - Birthday Card


Pinterest is an inspiring place!  So much to love and admire.  So much time to be lost....  I do feel, in order to justify some of that time spent on Pinterest, I have to be very deliberate about going back to my boards and actually using the ideas and inspiration I've pinned.  So,I'm resolving to use my pins and share them here on my blog in my "Pinterest Pick" series.  Each week I'll share a pin I noticed and the inspiration it gave me.

Original pin on left, my version on right.
For today's "Pinterest Pick" I'm sharing a birthday card.  When I saw the original pin (HERE), I was immediately drawn to the color scheme and the simplicity of the birthday candles, so that's what I kept in my own card.  I went through my scraps to find some greys and yellows that would work.  I also found some metallic gold for the candle flames.  The black polka dot is actually washi tape, as is the pattern on the banner underneath "Happy Birthday."  I used my Cricut to cut the scallop rectangle and the Happy Birthday sentiment.  I think this card is a great general birthday card that would be great for a man or woman and it would be easy to change up the color scheme to suit the recipient.  This one is going out tomorrow.  Thanks for the inspiration, Pinterest!


No comments:

Post a Comment