Monday, August 24, 2015

Aw, Man...I Journaled That Page Already!

"You are surrounded! Come out with your hands up!" This was the sermon message from our pastor this weekend. It was based on Psalm 8 and I could hardly wait to journal in my bible with this Psalm and theme. When I opened my bible, I saw that the page was already completed by me - but that's no stopping how God wanted to get this message out, into my heart, and onto the pages of my bible. Even when a page has been "completed" this doesn't mean that you can't revisit your page, add to it, change it up, add a tip in or continue the lesson on another page.
This Psalm emphasizes how majestic our Lord is and how tiny we are in comparison to His great works. "...what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?" verse 4 asks. When we look at the majesty of God's creation, we can easily feel small. I had previously journaled this page after a visit to the mountains where I did feel tiny compared to the majesty of God's creation in which I found myself. Funny, but we just enjoyed another trip to the mountains on Saturday and then woke up Sunday to this Psalm and sermon. As I looked at my watercolor mountains in my Bible while I listened to the sermon, I immediately thought to put a little tiny figure on the side of the mountain with hands raised in praise. How can we look at the wonderous works around us and not come out with our hands up?
Even though we may feel small, we are assured throughout scripture that we are part of God's creation - a super special part! Later at home I decided to continue the mountain scene onto the next page of my bible and add the ideas and lessons from the sermon to that page. Not only are we surrounded by this great visual beauty, but our pastor talked about being completely surrounded by God's love and presence.  He walks with us through all of life's ups and downs. There is nowhere we can go to escape His love. WE ARE SURROUNDED! And how wondrous the thought!
PUT YOUR HANDS UP!  
To praise Him. To give thanks. To surrender yourself to Him. 
To receive the blessings He wants to shower you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment