Monday, August 17, 2015

Choose This Day! Bible Journaling

This past weekend my family was out and about and we attended a new (to us) LCMS church. It was warm and inviting and a wonderful worship experience. The pastor preached on Joshua 24 when Joshua pressed the Israelites to make an open declaration, with clear hearts and minds, about whom they serve. He challenged them, as the pastor did to us, to make a heart examination and get rid of any idols that may threaten to take God's place in our hearts. Journaling that text this morning, I emphasized verse 15 "choose this day" and found a perfect little stamp from Heidi Swapp "has my heart" to which I added the "who" and turned it into a question.  I love this page as it reminds me to daily examine my heart and daily place our God as priority #1 in my heart.  It's a daily, ongoing struggle, but God promises to give us grace for each day and strength for each battle.
So, who (or what) has your heart today?

He(art) Notes: I did prep my page a bit with matte gel medium, then added the watercolor background. My verse is hand-lettered with my micron pens. Heidi Swapp "has my heart" stamp and arrow stamp from Illustrated Faith, outlined in gold sharpie.

Here are some additional pages that I completed last week:




No comments:

Post a Comment