Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fresh Spring Layouts

These two layouts were so fun to create.  They satisfied (for now) my yearning for spring.  I love the fresh colors of the new Echo Park "Springtime" line.  The coordinating sticker sheet features the adorable yellow polka-dot bicycle.  I hand-cut the tree trunk, but used a Maya Road chipboard shape for the foliage.  First I inked up the chipboard with a bit of white, then sponged on green.  I cut some simple leaves with my Cricut and inked them as well, randomly adhering them in bunches to the chipboard.  It was easy and I think it's super cute!  I love to take photos of the flowers and "creatures" around my house and I thought this layout would show some of these pics off.  I printed the photos at home at 2 x 2.5 on a sheet of letter-size photo paper.  I kept the white borders, and just had to trim a bit and cut the sheet in half to fit it long on my page.  It's a great way to add a lot of photos, but still have room to play on the other side of the layout.
I wanted to use all the awesome patterns of "Grandma's Feather Bed" from Bazzill that I found at Scrapdoodles, so I decided to try out little squares.  I punched them from the paper and lined them up to create borders around my photos (don't you love these photos of my sisters and me?).  The title was a sticker from my stash - I think it's from Me & My Big Ideas.  Now it's a little bit quilty - which makes me think of grandmas, sisters, and cuddling up under the warmth of a good old-fashioned blankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment