Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Make a Lovely Card Set Gift

I'm really liking these Echo Park papers (Scrapdoodles has them in stock!) and wanted to make something special with it, but what to do, what to do....  When stuck, I browse the web or even (gasp) pull out some old idea books and magazines.  I found a photo of a cute notecard gift set in an old book and set about making my own.  It was a little bit of trial and error to measure/cut the main folder (there were no directions in the book), but luckily I had two sheets of purple cardstock :).  More fun Springtime yellows, greens, and pinks, paired with a dark purple and I think we've got something special.  The folder has 6 blank cards in one pocket and an envelope containing 3 each of 3 different sentiments: Thanks, Thinking of You, and Happy Birthday.  The lucky recipient can then use the cards any way she desires by adhering the appropriate sentiment circle.  The folder itself is made from one 12x12 sheet.  I covered a Maya Road chipboard shape with the sunny yellow patterned paper for the front.  The whole thing is held closed with a magnet (tucked under the yellow paper and the paper strap and sticker).  I can't wait to make some more.  I think they'd be great gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment