Friday, April 15, 2011

Five Fabulous Finds for Your Friday

Easter is next weekend already!  At the last minute I decided to make a 12-day Easter Countdown with Hannah.  I kept it simple and used 12 plastic eggs and number stickers.  It's a bit like Resurrection Eggs, but a little toned down for a 2-year old.  Each egg holds a little picture or object that relates to a story about God or Jesus.  I'm just using our bible or books we already have to tell Hannah stories about God's love for us and then starting with Palm Sunday there will be more details on Jesus's death and resurrection.  I saw a similar idea on the How Does She blog.  If you're in a hurry, too, she lists each item and even has Bible passages ready to print for you to use.  You could have it ready to go for your kids lickity split! 

While searching for inspiration I came across this so stinking cute bunny kisses board.  Making this one involves chocolate and power tools!  Yippee!  Hannah would love this - I'm thinking, can I make one as a countdown to no more diapers?  She's motivated by chocolate.  hmmmmm

Have you ever made Resurrection Rolls?  I found a super easy and kid-friendly recipe here.  So great for spurring some Easter discussion at dinnertime.  I'm thinking it may even be red dye-free so I can make these with H.  She'll love dipping the marshmallows!

I'm loving birds nests lately.  I found some really nice metal wire and bead necklaces on Etsy from several sellers. 
This one is a favorite.  I'm not a metal worker, so stay tuned for a post featuring my cloth and bead version and a kid-friendly craft with H.

Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful spring!

2 comments: