Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Apple Teacher Pin and Post It Note Gifts

My girl has started school.  Granted, it's only 3 year old preschool and it's only 2 mornings a week, but it is a big deal - for both of us.  Day one was great - no tears for either of us and while she was at school with her teachers, I was able to help out a friend.  And that felt good, too.

I wanted to get some great first day photos, but wasn't sure we would have enough time on the actual first day, so we did a little dress-rehearsal photo shoot the day prior and with a little help from photoshop, I was able to post this photo as soon as we got home from the big day.


I also realized that her starting school has opened up a whole new excuse, ahem, reason, for crafting.  Of course I'm talking about teacher gifts!  I had to create a whole new board on Pinterest to organize all the great ideas out there.  That's where I first saw cute ways to give a simple stack of post-it notes.  I made mine by covering plain cardboard with scrapbook paper and clipping a stack of post-it notes to it with a paper-covered binder clip.  So easy!  I also wanted to make something with an apple, so I went to my Cricut machine, found this cute apple on "Create A Critter" and cut it from felt.  The felt is self-adhesive and I sandwiched a pin between the two layers so Hannah's teachers have a cute felt apple pin to wear.  If anyone wants more specifics, let me know and I will try to create a quick tutorial.  Yay for school and more crafty reasons to make special handmade cute things!  Teehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment