Friday, September 7, 2012

Princess Room Decor and Gifts

Who doesn't love a little princess?  I sure do!  I especially love my little princess, but there is something so completely adorable about little girls playing dress-up and putting on pretend jewels and a sparkly crown.  They truly are transformed into little princesses.  We (my girl and I) were recently invited to a "pink" birthday party, so I enlisted my little princess's help to create a pretty little pink something for the birthday girl's room.  We took 3 8x10 flat canvases and my girl helped me paint them very pink with a few swishes of purple.  Using my Cricut (all cuts from the Princess Party cartridge) I cut out a crown, a wand, and Princess letters to decorate the canvases.  I added some sparkly elements, pearls, feathers, and jewels to the die cuts and attached them to the canvases with foam tape.  I sprayed a light coating of Mod Podge sealer over everything (covered the feathers, though).  Lastly, I added some ribbon loops for hanging.  I hope the Birthday girl likes it!

I also made the Birthday girl a little dvd crayon case.  I love to reuse items and this gift is a great little birthday or Christmas gift.  These awesome little gifts will be part of my new Cricut: Creative Gift Ideas online Class at My Creative Classroom.  If you want to join me and two other teachers for this jam-packed class, go ahead and register HERE.   

No comments:

Post a Comment