Monday, February 25, 2013

DCWV Sketch Challenge

I recently celebrated my birthday (29, again!) and as a treat, I went out and bought myself a few new stacks.  My picks were "The Delightful Stack," "Juniper Berry," and "White Ginger."  Whoo hoo! 
For February's Stack-a-Holic Challenge, I used my new "Delightful" stack (perfectly named, by the way).  I know the hexagon trend has been around for awhile now, but I still love it and I love it for paper collections because it's easy to incorporate many different patterns into a layout.  I think this is a sketch I can use over and over again.

Here's my entry layout:
I tried to highlight the blowing of the dandelions with a few elements from the large dandelion cut in the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge.  I just cut the "sprays" from the large flower and placed them around the page.  The scalloped border is from "Ribbons & Rosettes" and I created the title using the font from "Cindy Loo."  All the papers are from DCWV's "The Delightful Stack."  I inked most of the elements with some "Milled Lavender" Distress Ink from Tim Holtz.  It's not a color I use too often, but it was absolutely perfect for the colors in this stack.


No comments:

Post a Comment