Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Heart of Wisdom...

Time management.  Don't we all struggle? (Please say, "Yes.") This week I've been thinking about managing my time (prompted by my Sunday School high school students for this topic).  Praying about this I've found that God doesn't necessarily tell us exactly what to do with every hour of every day, but He does tell us to seek Him and His Wisdom when we are managing our time and resources.  Ephesians 5:15 tells us to "Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil."  It's so easy to waste our time doing things (or no-things) that do not improve the value of our lives and the lives of those around us.  So, whether we are trying to balance family, work, and service, or homework and friends, we need to seek God and ask where He wants us to spend the most (or least) amount of time.  This week I'm praying for God to help me - to teach me how to spend my time and how to rely on His Wisdom in scheduling the precious hours of my days, and to give me the energy and will to accomplish what He places before me.  I'm praying that whatever it is that God calls me to do each day, I'm doing it with a full heart for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment