Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Washi Tape Layout Times Two

I do love the versatility of washi tape.  Over at the My Creative Life 2014 blog, we are celebrating washi tape this week and I'm contributing a little washi inspiration by sharing how I've incorporated it onto two recent layouts.
In this first layout, I used washi to create a border around the entire layout.  The yellow looks great against the white/patterned type background and helps to bring in the focus onto the photos and journaling box.  It's a bit harder to see against the yellow background, but I used the same washi on that journaling box, too.


In my next layout, washi makes an even bigger impact by using coordinating patterns to make my own background sheet.  I started with a neutral grey background approximately 8x10 and after choosing my washi, began laying it down in straight rows.  I simply ripped, rather than cut straight, the ends.  It was a super quick process and brings a lot of interest to the page.  I also added a torn strip of washi across the upper left of the page.  It helps to balance out the title and sticker cluster at the bottom right.
 


How will you be using your washi on your next scrapbook layout?  For more ideas, see my pins on this Pinterest board, Wonderful Washi!  If you're looking for even more ways to use washi in your scrapbook layouts, as well as use up more of your scrapbook stash, you'll want to check out my class at My Creative Classroom.  It's packed full of sketches, layout samples, and lots of ideas for digging into your creative supplies and using what you have on hand to create awesome layouts.  
http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=828

No comments:

Post a Comment