Thursday, February 20, 2014

Comfort to Hold On To

This week in my own personal devotion time I’ve been studying how God cares for us.  You see, I’ve been a little bogged down by the burdens of this world lately.  Job issues, illness, friendships, the pending death of a loved one with cancer have all been weighing heavily on my soul. So, I’ve been trying to remind my soul that in all things, despite all circumstances surrounding me, I am taken care of.  I was led into many comforting Bible passages, including 1 Corinthians 1:3-4, which speaks of the Lord of all comfort, who comforts us in all troubles, and 1 Peter 5:7, which reminded me to throw all my anxiety onto Jesus because He cares for me. 
Then, my heavenly Father cupped my face in His large hands and spoke to my innermost being.
Karen, I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with a loving kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt. Again you will take up your tambourine and go out to dance with the joyful. Jeremiah 31:3-4. 

Tears. Sighing. Weight lifting. Yes. God’s love is a daily caring kind of love - in all things and in all circumstances, but it’s also more than that, and God knew I needed to be reminded of that.  God’s love is an eternal love. It transcends this tear-stained life.  Weeping may endure for the day, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5  I have victory in this life because Jesus has victory over this life.  No, it doesn't take away the pain that this world often brings, but it does help put it in perspective. And today that brings me hope and a little joy.  I pray it does the same for you.

I linked this devotion here:

http://jenniferdukeslee.com/tellhisstory-the-red-apple-a-story-about-my-postpartum-depression/

No comments:

Post a Comment