Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lenten Photo a Day Challenge - Day 23: Water


Last spring we had some pretty heavy rainstorms around here.  The front of our property slopes down and a large pool of water formed at the bottom.  It is very hard for our daughter to resist puddles and this was a big one.  She could hardly contain her excitement as she begged to go check it out.  When the rain stopped and the sun came out we put on our rain boots and walked down to the pool of water.  Well, I walked.  She ran.  She didn't hesitate to step in.  Then she sat in.  Then she swam in.  She completely immersed herself in that pool of water. I didn't stop her as her joy and laughter was contagious.  
In scripture, water often represents faith and the presence of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus told the crowds in Jerusalem, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'" Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive...  John 7:37-39   
As I reflect on this photo and that experience, I pray that my faith, and the faith of my daughter, will be such that we always race to the Word and completely and without hesitation immerse ourselves in the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  I pray we always have a thirst for the living water.  I pray that our hearts will overflow with that water and we can share with others the source of our joy and laughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment