Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lenten Photo a Day Challenge - Day 29: Cross

I was driving around this morning on my way to here and there with the word of the day on my mind, watching for a photo opportunity (no, I wouldn't have taken one while driving).  I was looking for a cross to photograph and there was no shortage.  Have you ever noticed how many crosses are visible around us? Everywhere I looked, I saw a cross.  The intersection, the branches of trees, the utility pole, road signs, beams on houses.  I could have taken hundreds of different photos today of crosses - naturally occurring or man-made; intentional or unintentional.  I finally settled on a beautifully handcrafted wall hanging at my daughter's preschool, but the sheer number of crosses got me thinking and reflecting on God's great, immeasurable, beyond my understanding love for me (and you).
It is Lent and maybe I should be thinking about "taking up my cross" or the pain my Jesus suffered on the cross for me, but today the crosses remind me of love and hope and forgiveness and I am humbled that I am so surrounded by these great things.  They are priceless gifts to me and to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment