Thursday, April 10, 2014

Lenten Photo A Day Challenge - Day 37: Fortitude

Merriam-Webster defines fortitude as "strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage." I picture fortitude as a brick wall of sorts - some source of strength that bears one up when faced with trials. It helps us stay upright and on our feet. In my mind (and photo) I imagine the brick wall, but in my heart I know that the best source of this kind of strength comes from our God. I love the promise that can be found in 1 Chronicles 28:20. Then David said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished. What an awesome promise. God will not leave us. We need not be afraid for God is with us. We can be strong and courageous.


No comments:

Post a Comment